Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 5

Still early here, and can't yet get in to see dad, so thought I would write a post.

It must have been hard for mom to be in this situation on her birthday, but we did what we could to celebrate. Dad did his part by staying off the ventilator and sedative for about 4 hours. During that time he was somewhat active, moving his left leg and arm, squeezing our hand and making good eye contact when we talked to him. Kevin and Pam took mom shopping and found her a nice sweater to keep her warm in the chilly hospital room, and Dusty got a haircut so he looked his best. We took mom to Jason's deli for lunch, which was her request and then to TGI Fridays for a light dinner and some dessert.

We're not sure what's in store for dad today. They said that they would continue to work him off the vent every day until he could be on his own. I think today the kids need to try to figure out coverage for next week, with work schedules and all. I think today I'll try to read to dad some. Maybe some of his favorite scriptures.

Please keep him in your pryers. I continues to pray for healing, but also peace for him. It must be so hard to wake, and not know what's going on, or be able to communicate. Sometimes I see what looks like that anxiety in his eyes, and I just ask God to give him peace.


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment